Low Carb Chicken Pie
LOW CARB CHICKEN PIE
- 500g chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- Juice and rind 0f 1 lemon
- 250g mushrooms, sliced
- 200g spinach, stems removed
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 250g - tub cream cheese
- 250ml grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 180 C.
- Spray an ovenproof pie dish.
- Season the chicken with salt, pepper and the lemon juice and rind. Steam in a food steamer until done. (You can also bake it in the oven or steam in saucepan with a bit of water if you do not have a food streamer).
- Remove the bones from the chicken and cut in small pieces.
- Fry the mushrooms in a little bit of oil until just softened.
- Add the spinach and fry until the spinach welts.
- Beat the eggs and cream cheese together.
- Mix the chicken, spinach and cream cheese together and spoon into the prepared dish. Sprinkle the cheese over. Bake for 30 - 40 minutes or until the egg has set and the cheese are melted and golden. Dish up and enjoy!