Decadent Dessert In Winter So You Don’t Have To Worry About Putting On Weight
- 4: Egg whites
- 1: Egg beaten
- Pinch: Salt
- 20 ml: Creme de cacao
- 50 g: Unsweetened choclate, melted in microwave
- 25 ml: Butter at room temperature
- 15 ml (3 teaspoons): Sugar
- 5 ml: Peppermint essence(or less to taste)
- 500 ml: Whipped cream
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon): Sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 120 degrees Celsius
- 2. Whisk egg whites and salt till frothy. Gradually add the creme da cacao. Beat till stiff.
- 3. Grease a lose-bottom tin. Line with butter paper. Fill with with the meringue mixture, edges higher.
- 4. Bake for 1 hour and leave to cool in oven (switched off after its finished baking.
- 5. Mix butter and sugar. Add the cooled chocolate, essence and 250 ml whipped cream.
- 6. Pour into meringue shell. Chill thoroughly.
- 7. To decorate: Spread the remaining cream on top before serving.